The Nehring Family

The Nehring Family

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No longer in Kindergarten!

I can't believe, that as of tomorrow, Emerson will be a 1st Grader! The school year has flown by so fast! He is such a bright boy and has grown in leaps and bounds this year.

A few things...
He loves to read and is in the higher level reading group in his class.
He got his Mommy's spelling gene (Dad will attest to this!) and did extremely well on all of his spelling tests. That kid has a memory like no other!
Got Dad's math gene and is really good at addition, subtraction and telling you all about money!!
Can explain to you why it rains and many other scientific things!
Loves to write in his journal.
He made lots of new friends.
Ate several school lunches...but prefers what Mom sends him.
Won an award for completing an obstacle course in one of the fastest times.
Participated in a school walk-a-thon and was rewarded for receiving a high amount in donations...thanks to family and neighbors!
Played soccer with his cousin Adam and had Dad and Uncle Roddy as coaches.
Rode a school bus.
Took several really cool field trips with Mommy as a chaperone.
Really loves his teachers and will miss them dearly.

Emerson is such a special kid and can make others feel very special and loved, which might explain the special admirers that he has had this year! Mom didn't think she would have to scare the girls off at such an early age! He is a great leader amongst his peers and tries really hard to do and be his best in school! I am so proud of everything that he has accomplished this year and look forward to seeing what next year holds for him!

Grandma Nehring, Jakob, Hailey and I were able to go and watch his Kindergarten performance today. He did such a great job and all the kids were so cute!! I have enjoyed volunteering in his classroom and getting to know each of them.








I am so grateful for Emerson's teacher. I was so worried about sending Emerson off to school this year, like every Mom is, and she has been such a blessing to our family. She has been so good for Emerson and has been a pleasure to work with! I only wish Jakob and Hailey could have her, but she will start looping with next years Kindergarten class.=(

No comments: