My 28th birthday was AWESOME! Thanks to all of you that made it that way and took time to make me feel so loved and special!
The partying started off on Friday night, thanks to Mike, his parents and my wonderful sister-in-law Amber and her family! Amber cooked a delicious meal of fettucine alfredo and sides and chocolate cake! It was so good! I got a couple presents from Mike and a beautiful card and flowers from Mikes parents! I felt so special and enjoyed spending time with them.
Saturday morning, I woke up and Mike told me I had 30 minutes to get ready because the girls were coming to kidnap me! Amber, Robyn and Janae came and took me up to Greenwood were we met my other wonderful sister-in-law, Lindsey, for shopping and lunch. (We were just missing you Jasmyn, my other other wonderful sister-in-law!) It was so much fun to try on clothes and be silly! We are going to make this a tradition at all of our birthdays! We ate at Paradise Cafe, which was SOOO good! I recommend the Chicken Walnut Salad Sandwich=) Thanks girls for helping me pick out some MUCH NEEDED clothes! I had so much fun with each of you and am grateful for your friendship! I consider each of you a dear sister to me!
Mike met us in Greenwood and picked me up to take me on the next part of my birthday excursion. We went to my Mom and Dad's, where we had cake and ice cream and there were more presents. Mike gave me an envelope to open and inside were tickets to the Keith Urban/Kris Allen concert at the fairgrounds. There were 4 tickets, 2 for us and 2 for our friends Colby and Janae. We ate dinner before hand (at my favorite Chinese place) and then drove up to the Indy. Let me just say...even if you don't like country...go see Keith Urban! He was so good, entertaining, and funny! And Kris Allen was amazing too! I was afraid they wouldn't sound as good in person and I would be disappointed but I thought they were even better live! I would post video but...I don't think you want to hear me singing along=)
Thanks to all of you that made my birthday the best ever! I love each of you so much (yeah that includes you too, Keith and Kris=)) and girls...I can't wait for our next birthday shopping trip! Janae, I am pretty sure you are next!
To my dear husband...
I never give you enough credit=) You truly surprised me this year and I am grateful for all the thought, love and hard work you put into everything! You are my dear Schatz and I love you so much! Fuer Ewigkeit!
And...thanks to Papa and Nana for watching the kids last night and for letting us stay all night and for the clothes and for the wonderful breakfast this morning and for the cake and for lunch after church and for giving birth to and raising me! I just don't know how I got so lucky!!! I love you Mom and Dad and am proud to not only call you my parents but two of my best friends!
4 comments:
Awesome Job Mike! You never dissapoint! Happy Birthday Lindsay! Looks like you had SO much fun!!!!
it was soo fun to hang out and shop and eat lunch! I am glad you had such a wonderful day, you deserve it!
Hey Lindsay!
You should definitely make a "Nehring" name for your wall--they really were so easy to make! I just used frames from WalMart (matted to 3 4x6's and then I removed the mat), some posterboard, marker, and a silver leafing pen from Michaels. I printed the names out and then put a light underneath so I could see to trace the letters...it worked! :)
Love you all--I've been thinking about you with Emerson going off to school. Let us know how that's going--we think you guys are very wise and we want to be like you someday. :)
Love,
Jasmyn
Post a Comment